Were working to preserve a silk weaving culture that was at risk of vanishing, while reducing poverty and contributing to economic development in more isolated areas.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
– In 2011, Color Silk was awarded a grant from Starbucks, Starbucks Share Planet Grant, throughYouthActionNet program a collaboration between the International Youth Foundation (IYF) and the Starbucks Foundation http://youthactionnet.org/index.php?fuse=showresourcedetails&resourceid;=233
– January 2011: Membership with the Artisans Association of Cambodia (AAC) a Fair Trade association of Cambodia. http://www.aac.org.kh
– Won a 2010 global fellows as Young Social Enterprise Award with Youth Action Net program/ International Youth Foundation (IYF) in Washington DC, US: www.youthactionnet.org
– Color Silk Enterprise has been selected to the final Presentation Round of the 2010-2011 Global Social Venture CompetitionSoutheast Asia, at BKK, Thailand. A professional panel of more than 130 judges reviewed Color Silk business plan’s executive summary and agreed that Color Silk team should compete in the next round of the competition. www.gsvc-sea.org
– In 2008 Color Silk has been selected as top ten National Student Business Plan Competition from National University of Management (NUM) in cooperates with McKinsey & Company, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.